The SLEW Cancer Wellness Center provides survivorship/aftercare services at no cost for financially qualified women. These services improve the quality of life for uninsured, underinsured, and low income women recovering from and undergoing surgery, chemotherapy, and/or radiation treatment for cancer. Services are provided holistically at a single location so those who are unable to go from agency to agency for services due to health and mobility issues, budget constraints, and transportation limitations can access the care they need.
SLEW was initially modeled after an evidence-based program at the Mayo Clinic. The model addresses mind, body and spirit, and has been proven to increase a patients’ perceived quality of life.
Therapy and Counseling
- Psychotherapy (individual, small group, large group, Spanish speaking, and Stage IV)
- Lymphatic Drainage Therapy and education for prevention of lymphedema
- Patient Navigation
- Nutrition and Diet Counseling
- Oncology Massage Therapy
- Benefits Counseling – how and where to obtain benefits from a variety of community sources (food, utility assistance, etc.)
- Case Management
Looking Good, Feeling Good
- Bras and Prosthetics
- Wigs and Hair Dressing
- Fitness and Exercise
- Clothes Closet
- Emergency Assistance Program